Monday 6 April 2015

Music by Danie Nel and Crashtackle.

So, finally a dedicated, yet consolidated account to the different musical musings and projects of Danie Nel, Crashtackle and who knows what else.

Why the name? Vortex Afternoon is the name of a 8-bit electronic tune I released in the late 90's during the mod-tracking craze. It was all instrumental, but it was cool to write poems to accompany your track. I wrote "Vortex Afternoon" as a somewhat sublime, surreal take on the tune I had composed. One strange afternoon in my flat in Goodwood, Cape Town.

The "album" or collection of releases was also called "Vortex One". Listen or stream for free here:

Free MP3s on Last.fm

Well, anyways, this will be the new home, almost like a "label" for the music that I'm setting free into the world, with discussion, links, videos and the like.

I hope to see you back here soon. I will also be discussing recording, instruments and the like, whatever really shakes my tree, and encourage your input. I'm also creating a Youtube Channel for all this content, so watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment